Sunday, April 12, 2015

Saturday Finds

Well what a week!
Me and my family have been sick this whole week! 
It was a domino effect. Aislyn got sick, and then I got sick, and then Calum and then the rest of the family. I think I went to a total of 5 classes all week! It was rough. 
So start washing your hands more often, keep hand sanitizer in  your bag and PLEASE cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. (that is my biggest pet peeve)

So since I have a lot of time on my hands, I figured I would do a post on my most favorite products, and a few things I want to try!


1. Fake Bake Self- Tanner

So I had this horrible dream about 4 months ago that I went to the beach and I was in my 20's and I was WRINKLY! Not like smile lines wrinkly, but like an old 80 year Florida resident wrinkly.
 I seriously almost had a heart attack. 
I know that being tan is attractive, but so is beautiful and youthful skin! So I have been taking care of my skin like a mad man because I refuse to be wrinkly before I absolutely have to be. And everyone knows that having a good cleansing routine keeps your skin youthful and glowing! Since I am trying to take better care of my skin, I have found other ways to look sun-kissed without ruining my skin! This product seriously is so great. I LOVE it. When looking for a self tanner, ALWAYS look for a green tinted spray  or lotion rather than orange. Green is more closely related to skin cells natural color and orange just makes you look like a carrot. :) 

2. Revlon Color-Stay Quick Dry Top Coat and OPI Nail Polish

Like any girl, I love being pampered and getting my nails done. 
But sometimes shoes are WAY more important than shellac. (We all have to make sacrifices)
Don't get me wrong, shellac is awesome. But I don't always have the money to get my nails done every month. 
So I have committed myself to finding good nail polish that will last. 
I found this Revlon Color-Stay top coat that does wonders. I always get asked where I got my nails done when I use this top coat. It makes my mani last longer and has a great finish (that looks professionally done) 
OPI, I have found, has the best quality and lasts the longest. I love it. 

 Image result for opi nail polish neon

3. Mane N' Tail

I heard from someone (can't remember who), that using horse shampoo and conditioner helps your hair grow.
I just barely started using the conditioner and it can be used as a leave in conditioner. 
My hair has been so soft since I have started using it. I am always trying to find products that will hydrate my natural curly hair. I get super dry hair in the winter when I heat style, so I am hoping that this product really does work as well as everyone says! 
I don't have results right now, but once I do, I will let you know :) 

Image result for horse conditioner

4. Erase Paste

I seem to get really dark circles around my eyes. I don't know if it is the pigment of my skin, but as I have gotten older, it has just started happening! I didn't know what to do when it first started happening, but when I went to Ulta, the darling girls there helped me to find this wonderful concealer. It does wonders! 
It brightens my eyes and takes away that dark look! 

5. Urban Decay Brightening & Tightening Complexion Primer Potion

I have the greatest wax lady ever. Hannie is the most knowledgeable person about taking care of your skin that I know. Thanks to her, I have seen my teenage acne decrease tons! One of the products that she recommended to me was this primer. I am totally a brand loyal person and when I find a product that I love, I will keep going back to it. 



Here are some products I have been itching to try! 

1. BirchBox & Ispy

My boss has posted so many pictures about this. I am so tempted to try it. Both of these companies will send you a box monthly with beauty products that are new on the market for like $10 a month. 
Wouldn't that be the best surprise to come home to?

Image result for ipsy  Image result for birchbox


2. Bb Hairdressers Invisible oil

Like I have said, I get super dry hair! I love my natural curl but I love straightening my hair. So I am always looking for products that will add that moisture that I need. 

3. Nivea In-shower Body Lotion

So I am just going to be honest. I hate putting on lotion. It is so inconvenient, annoying and I hate taking the time to put it on. I know I should, but the truth is I just don't. So when I saw this, it was screaming my name. It's an actual lotion you use in the shower and you put it on your skin after you have washed and rinsed you body. Then you apply the in-shower lotion and just rinse it off after. Voilà! 


4. Benefit Puff Off

Being on drill team meant A LOT of early mornings for me. Unfortunately, I get puffy eyes in the morning.
 Really puffy eyes. 
Sometimes some that wouldn't go away if I had a rough nights sleep. I would always turn to frozen spoons (I like to kick it old school). But now that I have found this, I might be able to convert! 
The tip of the applicator is shaped like an iron and helps cool your skin while the gel gets into every nook and cranny to smooth away creases and reduce puffiness! 



Well hope you all have a fabulous a Sunday!
 Monday is tomorrow which means emailing with my handsome as ever missionary. Best possible way to start off a week if you ask me! 
Don't forget to be kind! 

 


Xo
Shona 





No comments:

Post a Comment